Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Someone Had to Get Screwed


We drove through KCMO on the way back from Texas last week. That means that there is a mandatory stop for espresso beans from Broadway Coffee. If anyone has better espresso than Broadway Coffee, I will immediately purchase 5 lbs no questions asked.

When we arrived at the roastery they were about to close. The roaster employee was pretty geeked about some bald-headed dude and his wife from Minneapolis buying 8 lbs to haul back and redistribute, and he was happy to hang on for a few extra minutes to serve us, which we appreciated.

Problem is.... I asked for 8 lbs... and I know he filled 8 lbs... but somehow we left with just 7 lbs. It must have been the combination of excitement and the desire to close up shop. No worries, things happen, don't sweat the small stuff. No going back 'cause they were closed when we discovered this, and our motto is FORWARD anyway.

Now the real problem: Someone has to get screwed. So - who?

- Kay and I? No way. I need two lbs and could even down a third lb before the beans went bad. Besides, I'm getting the stuff.

- DM? No. He gets me shit at work and I promised him 2 lbs.

- SL? uh-uh. He's given me lbs of his own roast in the past and I don't want to get on his shit list.

- Moose? Screw the Moose? Yes - screw the Moose. Fucker isn't going to pay me anyway, I have to pay to ship it, and I also threw a Wheatridge Cyclery hat in the box.

The moral of the story: When in doubt - screw the Moose!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes screw the Moose and see if he pulls your sorry ass in the next cross wind.

10-4!!!

Thanks for the bean and the hat
"butmunch"

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Moose (his anonymous replies are thinly disguised) seems a little unhappy about being chsen as the screw-de-jour. Like stereotypes usually are, they tend to be deserved.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home