Friday, April 14, 2006

Bar Ride!

Kay and I had an impromptu bar ride tonight. Work took me to Denver for the last couple of days and, while I did have the opportunity to thrash around LoDO on Sinjin's Yeti, I was looking forward to a ride here in the Six-One-Two.

We decided that we'd ride to the Groveland Tap in St. Paul, where we met Mike. This morning he destroyed his custom-painted Bianchi when the plowed it into his garage when the bike was on top of his car. It really sucks, but it seems like everyone I know with a roof rack does it sooner or later. I will post pix later, as soon as I get them.

After leaving the Groveland we went to the Hexagon Bar. The Shoe Shiners were playing their set. They are a group of 14 year olds, except for the drummer... he is 12. The little shits really rocked. They write their own stuff and they were tight and very comfortable up on stage. I talked to the bass player's father and he said it was their 5th or 6th gig.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude.
Found this page in the stats for our website. I am the guitar player in Shoe Shiners on stage right.
i'm glad you liked our set, that was a fun night. We're playing a couple shows in may if you want to come - the first is on the 7th at the Dinkytowner cafe. The second is the 21st at the Triple Rock. THere's more info at our website if you are interested.
Thanks for the kind words.
-Shane

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home