Sunday, December 10, 2006

Blogety-Blog



The temperatures here in Minneapolis were in the mid-40's yesterday. It would have been a perfect late October or early November day, only it is approaching mid-December. We'll take it, and go riding.

Kay and I did 33 miles on the Single Speed road bikes. We needed to get coffee anyway, so we rode to J&S Bean in St. Paul by way of Hopkins. It did snow here one morning last week, maybe a half-inch or so that stuck around for a few hours. The street crews really put down the road salt when that happened, probably laid down as much salt as there was snow. I think we'll leave the geared bikes in the basement for now. You can see the photos from the ride here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jkruzit/sets/72157594413649617/

In the evening we went to Caroline Yang's Tour de France Opening Party @ One On One Bicycle Studio. We walked from our house to Light Rail and took it to the event. There were tons of people leaving the Holidazzle Parade (Bah Hum-Bug) as we arrived downtown.



Some of the Warehouse-District bar patrons are an interesting type. At about 10PM, when it is dark, we must have seen 5 or 6 people wearing those big Gucci Sunglasses while walking from bar to bar. It sort of reminded me of Florence, only without the German tourists.

3 Comments:

Blogger KM said...

Jim

Great seeing you today. I found your Italy pictures - we rode some of the same roads. I rode thru Monti in Chianti in April when I was there. I so very much want to go back.

Cheers

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jim K said...

KM - it was good seeing you as well. I figured out how to put a link on the blog, and I created a link to my Flickr site.

When we return to Italy I think we might try Umbria and Marche, and fewer connecting flights like we talked about today.

JK

5:31 PM  
Blogger KM said...

I have a friend that lives in the Marche region. It sounds as beautiful as Tuscany but without the tourists.

Cheers

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home